Derek + Alyssa's Maternity Photos

Last weekend I spent the afternoon with a very special couple, Derek and Alyssa.  They are expecting baby number one in July.  We are very excited for them and can't wait to meet baby boy Blok.  They asked me to document in pictures Alyssa's pregnancy.  I hesitated at first only because I have never done a formal photo shoot before.  I really only photograph my own family and have no formal training but I took on the challenge.  I haven't picked up my SLR in ages because of my iPhone.  It was a great opportunity to expand my creative abilities and get out of my comfort zone.  So I switched my camera to manual mode and went for it.  They were very patient and easy to work with it so it made it easy for me. And we had great weather and scenery at Campbell Valley Park.  While some of my ideas didn't really pan out as I hoped, we got a few great shots.  Here are some of my favorites.













Thank you Derek and Alyssa for letting me capture your excitement and anticipation of your sweet baby boy.   

2 comments:

  1. Marn, you did an AMAZING job! Very proud of you! - Ashli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks A! It was lot's of fun and I enjoyed the challenge. I lucked out with great weather, scenery and subjects :).

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips