must bake gingersnap cookies

Today I started my Christmas baking. Every year I tell myself not to do it because I will just eat it but there is just something about making all your favourite Christmas goodies.  I'm sure I'll be posting more of them in the next few weeks.  Today I made gingersnap cookies.  But these are not your hard, crunchy ones.  These are soft and perfect for the season.  This recipe was given to me by an old high school friend.  

Gingersnap Cookies

3/4 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4  cup molasses
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Mix wet ingredients together.  Mix dry ingredients together and combine.  

Take approximately 1 tbsp of cookie dough and roll in a ball.  Roll in white sugar and set on  a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. They will flatten as they cook.  

Bake at 350 degrees F for 7-9 minute.  Do not over bake.  Makes about 24.  

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips