big girl room: a little sparkle + a little shabby chic

We recently took Isla's crib down and put it in the garage.  This day signifies in so many ways that she is no longer a baby.  But a big girl ready for a big girl bed and big girl things.  I found her wood toddler bed on a buy & sell site.  It's small but perfect for right now.  It could use a coat of paint but I'm just saying that it's shabby chic for right now.  I've found a few things at thrift stores to add to her room.  I made the bunting above her bed yesterday.  Boy do I have a hard time in fabric stores.  I think I was in Fabricana for over an hour trying to decide on three little pieces of fabric.  The photo wall gallery has taken some time.  It's a variety of thrift store frames, pictures, prints I found on Etsy and a canvas with gold stickers I made.  It came together quite nicely.

My favorite features of her room ...
: the vintage wool blanket and pillow I found a Spruce Collective in Abbotsford.   
: glass cake dome with lid from Ikea I use for her hair accessories.
: the cloth magazine tote, teal candy dish and ceramic water pitcher from the thrift store.
: her white wood doll crib which was originally Auntie Lindsay's.

Isla was suppose to be having a nap but instead she decided to be my model while I photographed her room.  She loves being the centre of attention.  

Never loose your sparkle my darling. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips