Here are our top 13 highlights of 2013:
1. Mexico // Trevor's parents treated the whole family to an all inclusive week long vacation in Mexico. We had a wonderful time swimming, eating, drinking and soaking up the sun. I even went para sailing for the first time.
2. Nana Visits // My mom came out for a visit during Mother's Day. It made it an extra special day for me. We went to a craft fair in Vancouver, high tea in Fort Langley and a trip down to the states. Nana even got to attend a field trip and help Oliver plant a flower.
3. Harrison Hot Springs // Trevor and I were able to get away for a weekend without the kids. I've only spent about five nights away so it was a big deal. Kids were in good hands with Auntie Lindsay.
4. Oliver turns 4 and Isla 2 // I love celebrating my kids birthdays. Friends and family made their days special. They are very loved.
5. Alberta Summer Trip // We spent 10 days in Alberta with my family. The farm is always a relaxing and memory filled time. The extended family came out to the farm to celebrate Kaelyn and Isla's birthdays, we went camping in Great Falls and had plenty of fireworks. I also got to celebrate my birthday with those I love.
6. Summer Adventures // We had many fun summer adventures ... Oliver did soccer camp and VBS for the first time - Visited the Woodland Park Zoo with friends - Spent a weekend in Vancouver where we went to third beach pool, biking Stanley Park and took in the Food Cart Festival - Trevor and I attended a wedding in Agassiz - Oliver and I went antiquing in New Westminster and Isla in Langley - Almost two weeks at the cabin - I co-hosted a friends 'favorite' things party at our place - Finished the summer with a camping trip to Leavenworth with friends.
7. Grouse Grind + Color Me Rad Run // Completed the Grouse Grind in 1 hr 13 minutes. It was so tough at times but Trevor pushed me and I was happy to say I finally did it [after living in the lower mainland since 1996 ... yikes]. Color Me Run was 5 km of pure fun!
8. First time Adventures = Geocaching + Science World + 3D Movie in the theatre // Started geocaching after being introduced to it by family. The kids love finding treasure. The kids watched their first movie in the theatre - Despicable Me 2. Checked out Science World with friends.
10. Thanksgiving with the King's // My whole family came out in a motor home for the long weekend. It was packed with excitement! From the aquarium, Granville Island, pumpkin patch, Dad's birthday, high tea in Fort Langley to a Seahawks game and a big Thanksgiving dinner.
12. Family Pictures // We had lots of them this year. We finally update family pictures with each of our families. I love documenting our family as they grow.
13. Blogging + Crafting // I've always loved working on projects + crafts so I finally started to sell my items. I made a Facebook page to get started and hope to do some fairs in the new year. Blogging is a new endeavour for me and I'm enjoying the creative process of it all. And the challenge of it. Thanks for all your support.
Here's to many lovely little days in 2014!